Association News
Logo With Tagline

The Annual Corps Service at the National Memorial Arboretum is always a poignant occasion in the calendar. This year it was particularly memorable as the new RAMC Memorial was officially unveiled and dedicated at the service.

It was the culmination of four years of planning lead by the Regimental Secretary, Marie Ellis with the then Corps Regimental Sergeant Major, Andy Game, joining her as co project manager for the last two years. The sculptor was Alan Herriot, who was at the event to see his work come to fruition. The service was conducted by the Chaplain to the RAMC, The Rev Lt Col John Harvey in the presence of the Colonel in Chief of the RAMC, HRH The Duke of Gloucester KG, GCVO. The Colonel in Chief unveiled the statue and, after the service, joined everyone who attended for luncheon.

The full coverage of this splendid day will be in the next edition of The Medic, which is the official publication of the RAMC.

The RAMC Association

William Boog LeishmanIn 1926, the RAMC Association was formed to further the camaraderie of WW1 Corps veterans with Sir William Leishman being the first President. There are now some 38 branches around UK with a predominantly veteran membership although most serving Corps members also are members centrally. The Association has traditionally been supported by Corps Funds and especially for the expenses of the branch standards and standard bearers.