Association News
Logo With Tagline

DIO has completed the first phase of its £50 million redevelopment of Keogh Barracks, Ash Vale, for the arrival of 4 Armoured Medical Regiment (4AMR).

 

The 350 medics officially took over the site today on 23 June 2015, relocating from nearby Normandy Barracks, also part of the Aldershot garrison.

Working with the army and industry partners Interserve and PriDE, the £7.5 million first phase of the 3 year project included converting shared rooms into nearly 180 single bedrooms, creating laundry facilities, common rooms and upgrading the officers’ mess.

Further refurbishment and new buildings will follow as the barracks will also become home to 22 Field Hospital and Ministry of Defence Hospital Unit (Frimley Park) from 2016. This will provide fit-for-purpose accommodation and allow the 3 units to train and work in a coordinated way, enhancing military medical capability.

(From MOD press report release dated 23 June 2015)

 

The RAMC Association

William Boog LeishmanIn 1926, the RAMC Association was formed to further the camaraderie of WW1 Corps veterans with Sir William Leishman being the first President. There are now some 38 branches around UK with a predominantly veteran membership although most serving Corps members also are members centrally. The Association has traditionally been supported by Corps Funds and especially for the expenses of the branch standards and standard bearers.