The Army Medical Services (AMS) Warrant Officers' and Sergeants' Mess Past and Present Dinner will take place on Saturday 1st October 2016 at the Victory College at Royal Military Academy Sandhurst. Read on for more details of the event and application forms.
- General. The AMS Warrant Officers’ and Sergeants’ Mess Past and Present Reunion Dinner 2016 will take place at the Victory College at Royal Military Academy Sandhurst on Saturday 1st October 2016.
- Participation. The President of the Past and Present Dinner Club, Lt Col Michael Ryan and the AMS Comd SM WO1 Martyn Brabin, invite all serving and ex members of the AMS WOs’ and Sgts’ Mess to attend.
- Location. The reunion will be held at the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst, Camberley GU15 4PQ. All personnel attending are to enter the Academy via the A30 (Camberley) gate where they will receive directions. Photographic identification is required by all attendees.
- Capacity. The capacity for the dinner is 300 places. This is due to the size of the dining hall. Please ensure returns are in quickly to secure a place. Places will be allocated on a first come first served basis regardless of rank or status.
- The aim of the reunion is to bring together serving and ex members of the AMS WOs’ and Sgts’ Mess to confirm and re-establish ties between members of the 4 Corps of the AMS and to encourage ‘espirit de corps’ within the AMS Sgts Mess, both past and present.
- The events will take place as follows:
a. Serving SNCO study period.
b. Reunion Dinner.
- Study Period. The AMS Comd SM will run a study period and key points update on the afternoon of the 1 Oct 16 in Robertson House. Unit RSMs are to inform the AMS Comd SM of how many SNCOs will be attending.
- Timings for the event will be as follows:
a. SNCO Study period 1200 – 1700hrs
b. The Reunion dinner:
(i) 1830hrs Arrival drinks and pre-dinner reception in the Victory College bar.
(ii) 1945hrs Call to dinner.
(iii) 2000hrs Reunion dinner in the Victory College Dining Hall.
(iv) Post dinner drinks and disco in the Victory College bar until 0200hrs.
- Reunion Dinner Table Plan. The plan of the layout will be on display at the reception on the evening of the dinner and those attending can choose where they will be seated (less the top table). The aim is to allow attendees to sit within groupings of their choice as opposed to being seated next to people they do not know which will hopefully promote a better atmosphere during the dinner.
- The top table will seat the VIPs, AMS Comd SM, Serving RSMs and Chelsea Pensioners.
a. Serving WOs and SNCOs - Mess Dress.
b. LE Officers and Ex Members - Black tie or female equivalent with medals if entitled.
- Table Wine. To keep the cost low there will only be set amount of wine at the table. Attendees are welcome to take their own wine to the table. Only wine is permitted at the table, no other alcoholic drinks will be permitted.
- Menu. The menu for the night is yet to be decided.
- Accommodation. Accommodation for both serving members and past serving members will be available at Victory College, RMAS.
- Cost. The cost for the evening is £43.00. Changes in catering and mess contacts means that everything must now be paid for, please rest assured that the cost of the reunion has been kept to the bare minimum whist hopefully ensuring that an excellent evening will be had by all.
- Returns. There are separate returns for Groups (AMS Units), Serving Individuals and Ex Members, all returns and payments are to be with the undersigned NLT Fri 2 Sep 2016.
a. Group/Unit return can be found at Annex A. RSM’s are requested to collate and return with cheques by the date stated.
b. Serving Individual return can be found at Annex B. Individuals are to complete and return with payment by the date stated.
c. Ex Members return can be found at Annex C. Ex Members are to complete and return with payment by the date stated.
- Payment. Cheques are to be made payable to “RAMC Minor Funds” and returned to the undersigned with the attendance return by Fri 2 Sep 16.
- Discipline. Personnel are respectfully reminded of their status, and are to comply with the following:
a. Accommodation. All personnel using service accommodation are asked to comply with the rules of the camp they are accommodated in and to leave the accommodation as they would expect to find it.
b. During the dinner speeches. Attendees are asked to respect the after dinner speeches and are not to heckle the speaker.
c. General Conduct. Attendees are requested to act in accordance with the behaviour expected of SNCOs; whilst all attendees are encouraged to enjoy this significant annual occasion, all should be reminded that inappropriate behaviour will not be tolerated on the night.
COMMAND AND SIGNALS
Point of Contact for this event is: WO1 (Comd SM) Martyn Brabin. (Full contact details are at the head of this instruction).
AMS Comd SM
A. Unit Return.
B. Serving Individual Return.
C. Ex Member Return.